Sunday, April 13, 2014

Andy's Jazz Show 211

 
Show 211
The Best Things In Life Are Free - Hank Mobley
Greasin' Easy - Hank Mobley both from Workout
Black Ice - Dan Wall from Off The Wall
I Want You Back - Harold Mabern from Greasy Kid Stuff
Jordu - Benny Golson from I Remember Clifford
There's Some Light Ahead - John Klemmer from Waterfall
Sugar - Ximo Tebar from The Champs
The Moontrane - Bobby Hutcherson from Live At Montreux
Between Jobs - Joey DeFrancesco & Dan Adler from Back To The
Bridge
One Hundred Ways - Joey DeFrancesco from 40
3Play John McLaughlin from After The Rain
Take The Coltrane
My Favourite Things
Afro Blue
The Vibe - Roy Hargrove from The Vibe
Star Burst - Red Rodney from Home Free
So What - Miles Davis Tribute Big Band from Sketches Of
Catalonia
Bag's Groove - Sam Lazar Trio from Playback
Route 66 - Kevin Mahogany from You Got What It Takes
Minor Chant - Craig Handy from Craig Handy & 2nd Line Smith

Certainly a mixed bag this week but enjoyable to cobble together and play. I'm sorry the audio quality on the Hank Mobley tracks is a bit low but in my opinion any Hank is better than none. To make up for that I feature him in a 3Play coming up soon. I hope you like the music,spread the word.
Excellent Jazz on europejazzradio
 

1 comment: