Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jazz A Love Affair 167.

Both Tubby Hayes and Ronnie Scott have their birthdays in January, Ronnie 1927 and Tubby 1935. I thought I would celebrate these birthdays with a show load of music from the two tenors and feature a little from Stan Tracey and Jimmy Deuchar along the way. So here is the play list for "Jazz A Love Affair 167" and here is your link thejazzrep.podomatic.com
Part 1, Ronnie Scott/Tubby Hayes - After Tea, 1958, The Couriers Of Jazz, Tubby Hayes Quintet - My Mans Gone Now, 1962, Late Spot At Scotts. Ronnie Scott - Bye Bye Blackbird, 1965, When I Want Your Opinion, I'll Give It To You. Tubby Hayes - Wonderful Wonderful, 1961, Tubb's. Ronnie Scott & The Band - Macumba, 1968, Live At Ronnie Scotts. Part 2, Tubby Hayes Quintet - Blue Flues, 1963, A Tribute To Tubbs. Pablo All Stars - Samba De Orfeu, 1977, Pablo Allstar Jam Montreux 77. Stan Getz/Stan Tracey - Getz Blues, 1964, Live In London. Ben Webster/Stan Tracey - Sometimes I'm Happy, 1965, Soho Nights Vol 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment